Frederick Swanston is looking for a Web Developer to join our Digital Department. You will work with our account and design teams to handle the digital development needs. We’re looking for someone with a minimum of four years experience, and preferably experience working in an advertising or other agency.
OUR WEB & DIGITAL DEVELOPER WILL:
- Develop exceptional websites and applications for clients that align with brand guidelines, project objectives and best practices.
- Collaborate with account teams to ensure high standards for quality and service, client satisfaction, and communicate with clients when necessary.
- Provide expertise in digital development to Frederick Swanston and clients.
- Ensure that all Web and digital development work is delivered on time and on budget.
- Handle digital production needs and establish and manage list of preferred vendors.
- Assist with agency marketing initiatives, blog and social media content and Frederick Swanston digital asset development.
- WordPress, Drupal, DotNetNuke development, including PHP, .NET, MySQL, Ruby on Rails. Experience with custom theme development and custom application development.
- Database architecture, as a foundation for robust & efficient custom applications.
- Conscientious code commenting.
- Git knowledge and an understanding of non-linear workflow and version control.
- Significant experience working with designers/front-end developers to build engaging user experiences.
- Experience administering Linux & Windows servers.
- Experience in project management, including personal time management, working directly with account and design teams, and meeting project deadlines and budgets.
- Ability to connect development work to clients’ business needs and objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year degree in computer science, web/software development, or related discipline.
- Minimum of four years experience in the web and digital development field, including track record for successful and timely project management.
- References required.
- Advertising or other agency experience preferred.
- Initiative, a sense of humor, risk-taking and flexibility are highly valued around here. What else can you offer?
- Ability to thrive in a creative, open, fast-paced agency.
Interested? Email your resume and code samples to Caudill Miller at caudill at frederickswanston dot com or apply on our Careers page.
When a company starts the decision-making process to rebrand, the questions they must ask themselves are paramount to their success. Rebranding can be a great idea, if your company has an assortment of quality products and services which consumers find valuable and relevant. Read More
Did you know that crafting has been known to have similar effects to medication and that it is a natural anti-depressant? Crafting is popular among men and women and is evident everywhere—whether we realize it or not. Read More
Last week we celebrated. We celebrated with colleagues, vendors, friends and clients. We celebrated because Mallory Kate received her life-saving heart transplant on December 7, 2014 and we hosted a successful fundraising event at Jekyll Brewery just two days later. We called upon our community of artists and art directors who graciously provided amazing works for a silent auction. Clients stepped up and offered one-of-a-kind vacation experiences for a live auction. Spouses provided entertainment (both on and off stage). And FredSwan employees and friends tirelessly prepped for an evening of amazing music, brews and fun. Read More
In essence, the Great Depression shaped the eras before us. Generation Y, or more commonly known as the Millennial Generation, is the result of our parents and their parents knowing what it’s like to do without. As a result, they have provided us with means and opportunity. Read More
At Frederick Swanston we like to think of ourselves as more than just an advertising agency. The agency employees, our clients and our vendors are truly a family. And right now one of our family members is in need. Associate Creative Director, Dustin Hall, and his wife Jessica have started down a life-long journey with their youngest daughter, Mallory. Two-year old Mallory’s heart is too big for her tiny body. She will likely need three heart transplants over the span of her life and with each transplant comes a series of obstacles from health-related concerns to financial obligations.
Right now Mallory sits patiently at CHOA Egleston in Atlanta, awaiting the call that will give her a chance for a normal life. Until then, she will remain a resident of the hospital. The length of her hospital stay will be determined by a complicated algorithm prioritizing other children in need, blood types, health issues and, most importantly, organ availability. Mallory’s condition is so severe that she is listed as 1A, which is the most urgent listing for a transplant. Still, the average wait time for a new heart ranges anywhere from three months to a year. That is a year of hospital living, a year of parents dividing their time between their heartbroken angel and their energetic, older daughter Madison. That is a year of deductibles, copays and some uninsurable expenses. That is a year of both parents somehow maintaining their full-time jobs in order to make ends meet, while also staying day and night with Mallory in the hospital and Madison at home.
The FredSwan family is asking for your help. Our goal for Mallory is to garner 100,000 prayers, 100,000 shares and 100,000 dollars. We need prayers for health, courage and strength, shares on social media to raise awareness about the importance of organ donation and $100,000 to help cover a lifetime of transplant-related expenses for Mallory.
Watch Mallory’s story here to learn how you can do more.
Frederick Swanston has been successful in retail marketing since before handheld electronic devices and the Internet. And while overtime technology has changed, the ingredients that compose an effective retail marketing campaign then are essentially the same ones that work now:
You have to have a compelling marketing strategy that appeals to a major market segment and is impossible for competitors to replicate. Read More