Frederick Swanston is looking for a Web Developer to join our Digital Department. You will work with our account and design teams to handle the digital development needs. We’re looking for someone with a minimum of four years experience, and preferably experience working in an advertising or other agency.
OUR WEB & DIGITAL DEVELOPER WILL:
- Develop exceptional websites and applications for clients that align with brand guidelines, project objectives and best practices.
- Collaborate with account teams to ensure high standards for quality and service, client satisfaction, and communicate with clients when necessary.
- Provide expertise in digital development to Frederick Swanston and clients.
- Ensure that all Web and digital development work is delivered on time and on budget.
- Handle digital production needs and establish and manage list of preferred vendors.
- Assist with agency marketing initiatives, blog and social media content and Frederick Swanston digital asset development.
- WordPress, Drupal, DotNetNuke development, including PHP, .NET, MySQL, Ruby on Rails. Experience with custom theme development and custom application development.
- Database architecture, as a foundation for robust & efficient custom applications.
- Conscientious code commenting.
- Git knowledge and an understanding of non-linear workflow and version control.
- Significant experience working with designers/front-end developers to build engaging user experiences.
- Experience administering Linux & Windows servers.
- Experience in project management, including personal time management, working directly with account and design teams, and meeting project deadlines and budgets.
- Ability to connect development work to clients’ business needs and objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year degree in computer science, web/software development, or related discipline.
- Minimum of four years experience in the web and digital development field, including track record for successful and timely project management.
- References required.
- Advertising or other agency experience preferred.
- Initiative, a sense of humor, risk-taking and flexibility are highly valued around here. What else can you offer?
- Ability to thrive in a creative, open, fast-paced agency.
Interested? Email your resume and code samples to Caudill Miller at caudill at frederickswanston dot com or apply on our Careers page.